Monday, November 7, 2011

A tribute to Livvy

Whos your hero? Most kids my age will say celebrities like Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga. But for me its not like that. When ihear the word hero I think Emma. And then my mind goes to a little girl that I never got to meet but has touched me in a way like no other.

Olivia Georgia Meredith.

Olivia, better known as Livvy had Rett Syndrome. She went to play in heaven three years ago to the day. Livvy lived in the UK with her mom, Sara, and dad and three sisters.

It may sound weird to a lot of people but ive truly been inspired by this little girl that I never met and only heard of about a year ago. I found livvys site (http://livvyssmile.com/) last winter when I was researching up on Rett Syndrome. I simply typed “Rett syndrome girls” into google and went to the bottom of the page and clicked on the last entry and Livvys Smile popped up. I went a little further onto the Livvys Smile website and found myself amazed at the strength of this little girl. I mean ive seen strength before but it was shocking. As Abraham Lincoln said “And in the end its not the years in your life that count. Its the life in your years” and Livvy surely had a full life.

I think little Livvy was a major turning point for me. When I found her I realized that there needs to be a cure and im going to play a part in it. I found Livvys mom on twitter and her blog http://www.walkingwithangels.co.uk/ and was blown away by the stories and strength in this family.

So today on the 3 year anniversary of the day Livvys body went to heaven I write for her. Livvy is one of my many heros. She has secured her place in my mind and heart forever. Even though Livvy isnt physically on earth her legacy and soul continue to touch many.

Thank you Olivia Georgia Meredith, for being so strong. For being such an inspiration.

Help us find the cure so that all little girls have a chance to run and play and sing before they meet god.

Buy a bracelet, Find us on facebook (braceletsfor Rett), Follow us on twitter(braceletsforett), Share this blog, Consider a donation.

And today while you do that, think of Livvy.


1 comment: